Here are some benefits of green tea.
- Catechins are antioxidants that fight and may even prevent cell damage. Green tea is not processed much before it is poured in your cup, so it is rich in catechins.
- Shown to improve blood flow and lower cholesterol.
- MRIs revealed that people who drank green tea had greater activity in the working-memory area of their brains. Green tea has also been shown to help block the formation of plaques that are linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Seems to help keep blood sugar stable in people with diabetes. Because catechins lower cholesterol and blood pressure, they can help protect against the damage a high-fat diet can cause.
- Can help increase and even change your metabolism, so you burn more calories from fat. Studies show that green tea can also help you keep weight off once you’ve lost it.
- Is known to aid healthy cells in all stages of growth.
- Sipping tea can help you calm down and relax. An amino acid called theanine found in green tea can provide a calming effect.
Shelf life: 6-12 months